On the 2018 Commonwealth Games: The Commonwealth Games is following the old format. So, we will be shooting only 40 shots in air pistol. We are training with the new format of 60 shots, as our focus this year is on the World Championships. The Commonwealth Games is an important event to judge the level of our preparedness. So, I will be looking at one shot at a time. So whether 40 or 60 does not matter. As such, we are on the right track and looking forward to a very successful Games.
On winning gold and silver in the 2010 Games: I have forgotten about them! I work hard for every competition, learn from it irrespective of the results and plan for a better competition the next time. It keeps me focused on my task and I like it this way.
On whether the Indian shooters can win more than the four gold medals they had claimed in Glasgow 2014: The performance at the Mexico World Cup will help the shooters with confidence going into the Commonwealth Games. If all of us can keep our mind on our process then I see no reason why we shouldn’t top the medals tally again.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023: Varun Chakravarthy takes five as Tamil Nadu hammers Nagaland, qualifies for quarterfinals
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: Mumbai loses six wickets in 200 chase vs Odisha; Samson steers Kerala chase
- KIIT University bags Best Sports Facility award in CII Sports Business Awards 2023
- Warner angst adds spice to Australia’s sleepy home summer
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Himachal’s Arpit Guleria records eight wickets against Gujarat, third Indian to feat in List A