Yuvraj Singh has pleasant memories of Mumbai, but this is for the first time he will be donning the Mumbai Indians colours.
“I am really looking forward to this one. I want to go all guns blazing and I am working really hard towards it, but I wanted to be part of a team where I am welcomed and supported, and I felt that from Mumbai Indians,” Yuvraj was quoted as saying by the Mumbai Indians website (mumbaiindians.com).
The swashbuckling batsman is also excited to play at the Wankhede Stadium. “I have definitely got some special memories (there). The 2011 World Cup victory at the Wankhede was like a dream come true. It was a very special and emotional feeling for us and the whole of India because we wanted to win it for Sachin (Tendulkar). It is a very emotional and strong place for any Indian cricketer so I think I’m very excited and ecstatic to play in front of the Mumbai home crowd,” he said, “Hopefully, it should go well for us.”
- Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh LIVE SCORE, Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 RYD, Cristiano Ronaldo scores and assists for Al Nassr
- Russia says IOC rules for Russian athletes ‘discriminatory’
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti expecting Vinicius to return in January
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Ahmedabad Defenders loses to reigning champion Sicoma Perugia, out of semis race
- Olympic chiefs give green light to participation of Russian athletes as neutrals