Growing up, I have always been interested in sports and playing different sports. My father introduced me to squash, being a player himself. I knew very early on that this was my passion and this will be my career. I have looked up to many athletes, who have inspired me in different ways.
One such athlete is P. T. Usha.
Her contribution to sport in India and athletics in particular is tremendous and amazing. Being from a small town and with no proper facilities or support, her will and commitment alone made her reach the highest level. That has inspired me.
For all of P.T. Usha Ma’am’s achievements and victories, her humility is something I admire the most. Watching her documentaries gives me goosebumps. I love her showcase that has all the medals she had won!
I had the opportunity to meet her for the first time at the Asian Games in Doha, in 2006. I was so excited to meet her. She was lovely. It was very brief, so I would love to have another chance to speak more to her. At her academy in Kerala her athletes are so fortunate to have a coach and mentor like her in their own backyard.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Fazel’s Gujarat takes on Sehrawat’s Telugu; When, where to watch PKL 10 season opener?
- Pro Kabaddi League: All the PKL rules explained ahead of season 10
- EURO 2024: Top seedings, potential match-ups, when, where to watch European Championship draw?
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC v MBSG ISL 2023-24, preview, lineups and more