It is a good thing Lewis Hamilton has already wrapped up a fourth Formula One world title, as the Mercedes driver crashed out of qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix before he had even set a time on Saturday.
The opening qualifying session was red-flagged almost immediately when Hamilton lost control of his car on his first flying lap.
The newly crowned world champion slid off the track and into a tyre wall, forcing a halt as his car was cleared away.
Hamilton, who sealed the title in Mexico last time out, is now set to start from the back of the field at Interlagos on Sunday in the season's penultimate race.
He last failed to make it out of Q1 in Belgium last year, 27 races ago.
- India vs Korea women’s hockey LIVE Updates, Asian Games 2023: IND vs KOR in action
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tajinderpal in action in shot put at 4:30pm IST; Amlan qualifies for men’s 200m semifinal; Nandini fourth, Swapna fifth after javelin throw in women’s heptathlon
- India vs Singapore women’s hockey HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Games 2023 updates: Sangita scores hat-trick as IND beats SGP 13-0
- Asian Games 2023: Tears as South Korea whitewashes China for ‘precious’ badminton gold
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Men’s trap shooting team wins gold; Aditi Ashok, women’s trap team bag silver; Parveen seals bronze in boxing, wins Olympic quota - Hangzhou 2022 Scores