Stewards dismissed a protest by the Haas Formula One team against the provisional results of Saturday’s Australian Grand Prix.
Haas’s Nico Hulkenberg ended up seventh in the race at Albert Park despite being fourth when it was stopped for the third and final time.
After lengthy deliberations, stewards decided the race would finish according to grid positions at the restart with a lap behind a safety car minus the cars that had crashed.
That meant Hulkenberg finished seventh, according to the race’s provisional classification.
Stewards agreed to consider the Haas protest but ruled that the race director had acted appropriately, with a prompt decision needed, and dismissed it.
The points still lifted Haas to seventh in the constructors’ championship.
- England vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch ENG vs NED match today?
- Saudi Pro League champion Al-Ittihad sacks coach Espirito Santo
- FIH Hockey Olympic Qualifiers: Indian women’s team to face New Zealand, USA and Italy in Pool B
- How Afghanistan’s rapid ascent in 2023 ODI World Cup came to be: A behind-the-scenes look
- James Hillier: Realistic target for Paris 2024 is to get as many athletes into the final as possible