Welcome to Sportstar’s live blog of the 2022 Italian Grand Prix qualifying session held at Monza on Saturday
8:34 PM: With grid penalties coming into play, it will be George Russell of Mercedes starting on the front row alongside Leclerc.
8:31 PM: Leclerc gets the outright pole position with a fastest lap time of 1:20.161s. This is his eighth pole position for the season!
8:25 PM: With a little over five minutes to go, Carlos Sainz has set the fastest time in Q3 - 1:20.878s. However, as it stands, Leclerc currently second, will be on pole since Sainz has grid penalties and will start the race from the back.
8:20 PM: Here we go. Final session of qualifying is underway!
8:12 PM: Q2 over. Here are the drivers who are out
- De Vries
7:55 PM: Q2 underway!!
7:50 PM: Q1 over. Here are the drivers who are out
In case you missed it
7:42 PM: Verstappen back on top again- timing of 1.20.922
7:38 PM: Leclerc overtakes Verstappen in terms of fastest lap. His timing is 1:21:280.
7:36 PM- Verstappen sets fastest time of 1:22:023
7:30 PM- We are underway with the Italian Grand Prix qualifying!!
- Q1 has begun- An important day for Williams’ Nyck de Vries, who is stepping in for Alex Albon today, in his first qualifying session in F1.
- Lance Stroll of Aston Martin is the first driver out on the track
7:20 PM- Final Summary before Qualifying begins
- Max Verstappen finished fastest in final practice for the Italian Grand Prix. He beat Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc by 0.347 seconds. Verstappen is among nine drivers who will receive grid sanctions for Sunday’s race at Monza.
- Sergio Perez, who finished third Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz, who was fourth, will also be docked places for changing engine parts.
- Lewis Hamilton will start towards the back on Sunday for taking on his fourth power unit of the season – one more than he is allowed.
Italian Grand Prix Qualifying: Grid drops in full!
Back of grid:
Italian Grand Prix Qualifying: FP3 complete
The chequered flag is waved which signals the end of the third practice. No change at the top.
- Max Verstappen goes fastest for Red Bull, followed by Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez completing the top-three.
- 4-10: Sainz, Alonso, Norris, Russell, Tsunoda, Ocon, Hamilton.
When and where to watch the 2022 Formula One Italian Grand Prix Qualifying session?
- India vs England live score, World Cup 2023: Rohit hits fifty as IND crosses 100
- Rohit Sharma completes 18000 international runs during IND vs ENG World Cup 2023 match
- Rohit Sharma completes 1000 runs in ODIs in 2023 during IND vs ENG
- India bats first against England, first time in World Cup 2023 - What is Rohit & Co.’s win record while defending totals?
- IND vs ENG: Virat Kohli registers first duck in ODI World Cup match