Indian racer Kush Maini produced an impressive drive on his Formula 2 debut to finish fourth in the feature race here.
After setting the sixth fastest time in qualifying, Maini finished seventh in the sprint race on Saturday before finishing fourth in the feature race on Sunday.
The Indian collected 14 points from the weekend.
It was a forgettable outing for Jehan Daruvala, who is into his fourth season.
He did well to finish sixth in the sprint race before struggling to 17th in the feature race.
“It was a nerve-wrecking session. I knew from testing and since I’ve driven this car that it suits my driving style, and I know that the Campos cars are really good. I knew that if we put everything together, we could be in the mix and that’s what made it more stressful,” said Maini.
Maini stands fourth in the drivers’ championship after round 1. The next race will be held in Saudi Arabia from March 17-19 as a support event to Formula 1.
- ‘Fans can do what they want’ says Pochettino after Chelsea jeers
- Bopanna caps off last Davis Cup match in style after doubles win
- New Zealand’s Fox wins BMW PGA Championship
- Trossard goal seals Arsenal win at Everton
- IND vs SL: Sri Lanka 50 all out, records lowest Asia Cup total in final