Double world champion Max Verstappen has delayed his arrival at this weekend’s Saudi Arabian Grand Prix by 24 hours due to a stomach illness and will miss Thursday’s media day.
But the 25-year-old Dutchman confirmed in a tweet that he is “feeling fine again” and, having delayed his flight to Jeddah, will instead arrive for practice on Friday.
His Red Bull team also tweeted to confirm Verstappen’s absence.
“Max has been suffering from a stomach illness over the past few days and with the agreement of the FIA will not be present on track today,” said the team.
After victory in a crushing Red Bull one-two at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix, Verstappen leads the drivers’ championship ahead of team-mate Sergio Perez.
- Premier League: Burnley secures Norway midfielder Berge from Sheffield United
- Al Shorta vs Al Nassr Highlights: Ronaldo penalty goal helps Saudi side to Arab Club Champions Cup final
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins it for Al Nassr vs Al Shorta in Arab Club Championship Cup semifinal
- Chris Evert will be honored by the US Tennis Association Foundation
- India vs Pakistan HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Champions Trophy: Harmanpreet brace guides India to 4-0 victory