Bengaluru riders dominated the proceedings with Abdul Shaikh scoring a double as the first round of the MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Drag Racing Championship 2023 got off to a fine start at the Madras International Circuit on Saturday.
While Shaikh topped in the 2-Stroke 131-165cc and Up to 130cc categories, Jagathishree (One Racing) from Chennai emerged winner in the Girls class while another local rider Saravanan E claimed the honours in the 4-Stroke Up to 165cc (Super Sport Indian) category.
The day’s proceedings were delayed by about two hours due to heavy showers, but the promoters, Madras Motor Sports Club, stepped up to the challenge and completed the day’s scheduled programme.
The event concludes on Sunday, which will see the “big boys” on their superbikes competing for the honours with practice runs in the morning followed by the final runs in the afternoon.
The first round received about 100 entries with the 2022 National champions on hand to defend their titles.
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland
- Asian Games 2023: Indian debutants to watch out for at Hangzhou