Olympian Atanu Das showed his old touch as he made it to the recurve men’s individual summit clash at the Sanskardham archery ground in the National Games here on Monday.
Atanu will take on Gurucharan Besra in the final.
Atanu beat Parth Salunkhe 6-0 in the quarterfinals and fellow Olympian Tarundeep Rai 6-0 in the semifinals on his way to reaching the final.
Tarundeep had beaten another seasoned archer, Jayanta Talukdar, 6-2 in the last-eight.
Besra overcame Gaurav Lambe 7-1 in the semifinals.
Anshika Kumari Singh, who got past Simranjeet Kaur 6-4 in the semis, and Sangeeta, who trounced Avani 6-0 in the last four, qualified for the recurve women’s final as established names such as Ankita Bhakat and Komalika Bari lost prior to the semifinals.
- Jamaican sprinter Fraser-Pryce to retire after Paris 2024 Olympics
- Indian sports news wrap, February 9
- South African Olympic champion Semenya asks for funds for legal fight
- Ricciardo says Red Bull stable is like home for him
- Ranji Trophy Live Score February 9 Matches Updates, Scorecard: Padikkal smashes century to drive Karnataka