Alena Reji improved her National junior record on way to a bronze medal in the 500m time trial for junior women in the Asian Track cycling championship here on Tuesday.
This was Alena’s second bronze after clocking 37.439 seconds and India’s second medal too.
Deborah Herold, who has graduated to the senior ranks, also set a National record in 500m time trial for elite women. She clocked 35.43 seconds for the fourth place.
Men: Elite (team pursuit 4-km): 1. China 4:01.04, 2. Korea 4:01.83, 3. Japan 4:06.53.
Men Juniors (Finals): 500m Time Trial: 1. Lee Wai Sze (Hkg) 34.20, 2. Sunyong Cho (Kor) 35.22, 3. Li Xue Mei (Chn) 35.27; Team Pursuit 4-km: 1. Kazakhsthan 4:17.561, 2. Korea 4:17.714, 3. Japan 4:22.003.
Women Juniors (Finals): 500m Time Trial: 1. Chao Yue Shen (Chn) 35.29, 2. Seolhwa Jeong (Kor) 36.35, 3. Aleena Reji (Ind) 37.43.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, Hangzhou 2022 October 3 medals tally: Indian cricket team scores 63/0 in PowerPlay, Jyothi to meet Aditi in compound semifinal
- India vs Nepal LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 cricket quarterfinal updates, IND 63/0 in 6 ov.: Jaiswal, Ruturaj off to a strong start; Streaming info
- How Dhoni’s process helped Ancy Sojan land dream silver medal in Asian Games
- India vs Bangladesh Kabaddi LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India inflicts second all-out on Bangladesh; IND 44-11 BAN
- Asian Games 2023 HIGHLIGHTS, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: Parul, Priti win silver, bronze in women’s 3000m SC; Ancy wins long jump silver; Indians win seven medals on October 2