The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 1.9 million people, and spreading across 212 countries.
The biggest news from the world of sport is the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics from July 24, 2020 to July 23, 2021. Additionally, the Wimbledon has been cancelled and the Champions League and Europa League have been suspended. The England Football Association has also announced that the Premier League has been suspended indefinitely. Several other tournaments, including the IPL, Premier League, The British Open and French Open have been postponed.
Suspensions or cancellations have also impacted the British Open, Moto GP, Bundesliga, ATP and WTA Tours, La Liga, Euro 2020, BWF Tour, ICC World Test Championship, Copa America, and several Formula One (F1) races among others.
Here are the updates from around the world as they happen:
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, Hangzhou 2022 October 3 medals tally: Indian women vs South Korea in kabaddi; India wins bronze in canoe sprint, boxing; Lovlina enters gold medal match, wins Paris Olympics quota
- India vs South Korea Kabaddi LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Lineups out as IND faces KOR in Women’s Group A match
- Pakistan vs Australia LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 warm-up: AUS wins toss to bat; match streaming updates
- Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Rain delays toss; Scorecard, match streaming updates
- India vs Netherlands LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 Warm-up: Rain in Thiruvananthapuram; Toss, match streaming updates