The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 3.8 million people, and spreading across 212 countries.
The Premier League is eyeing a resumption date while the Bundesliga is set to restart behind closed doors in May itself after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead on Wednesday. It will be the first league to return after lockdown in Europe.
LaLiga and Serie A have announced clubs can return to training with players training individually.
Here are the biggest news stories from the world of sport, as they happen:
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao