The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 5.3 million people, and spreading across 215 countries.
Premier League clubs returned to training while the Bundesliga's season restart moved successfully into the second week behind closed doors after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead last week. It was the first major footballing league to return after lockdown in Europe. Celtic won a ninth-straight Scottish Premiership title after the season was ended.
While the La Liga has announced June 8 as the restart date of the league.
Cricket is back too, with the inaugural season of the Vincy Premier T10 League in the Pacific nation of Vanuatu giving fans of the game some fodder over the next few days.
Other big events like the IPL, several Formula One and Moto GP Grands Prix, Wimbledon, NBA etc. have been either postponed or cancelled.
Here are the biggest news stories from the world of sport, as they happen:
- Asian Games 2023: Lone Indian gymnast Pranati Nayak focusing on performance, not pressure
- Asian Games 2023: Showcasing the past, using the future in the present - China displays might and pride in opening ceremony
- Asian Games 2023: India looks to ‘Baig’ a medal with veteran coach stressing on enjoying the Asiad experience
- Challenges mount as Hangzhou battles rain, communication barriers during Asian Games
- Sports Minister cancels Asian Games 2023 trip to China after visa issue excludes three Indian Wushu athletes from Arunachal