The Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) has nominated former World champion S. Mirabai Chanu for the prestigious Arjuna Award.
Mirabai, who won the World title in 2017, is one of the rare athletes who bagged the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2018 even before getting the Arjuna Award.
READ | Lockdown diaries: It’s the same for everyone, says Mirabai Chanu
Mirabai has been performing consistently at the top level. After winning the 2018 Commonwealth Games gold medal, she claimed gold medals in three Olympic qualifying events – EGAT Cup, Commonwealth championships and Qatar Cup – last year. The Railway athlete secured her fourth consecutive National crown here earlier this year.
The IWLF has also recommended the names of 2018 Commonwealth Games gold medallists R.V. Rahul and Punam Yadav for the Arjuna Award.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Warner, Khawaja to open for Australia vs India; no Ashwin in Playing XI
- WTC Final, IND vs AUS: Shardul gets nod over Ashwin in Playing XI at Oval
- Key joins Alfa Romeo F1 team as technical director
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads