Union home minister Amit Shah on Sunday unveiled the anthem and mascot for the 36th National Games set to happen in Gujarat later this year, at Ahmedabad.
The mascot titled Saavaj, which means lion in Gujarati represents India’s cultural heritage while also giving a glimpse of a rapidly growing India.
The anthem of the Games, encapsulating the philosophy of Judega India, Jitega India, has been rendered by Bollywood star singer Sukhwinder Singh.
In addition to the Home Minister, Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, Gujarat Minister for Sports, Harsh Sanghavi IOA secretary general Rajeev Mehta and Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur were also present.
The National Games will take place in six cities of Gujarat - Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar - from September 29 to October 12.
“We are delighted that the National Games are back after 7 years and this one will be the biggest and grandest ever,” Anurag Thakur said. “
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: PAK 94/3 (21); Rizwan, Saud at crease in 338-run chase vs ENG
- IND vs NED, ODI World Cup 2023: Netherlands coach says, his team ‘needs to be better for longer’ ahead of India clash
- Barca is in a dip, not a crisis: coach Xavi
- World Cup 2023 semifinalists confirmed - Pakistan knocked out; India takes on New Zealand, South Africa faces Australia
- Indian sports news wrap, November 11