The Road to UFC tournament Season 2 held by Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will be underway with Episodes 1 and 2 on Saturday in Shanghai, China.
Ahead of the tournament, here’s a look at all you need to know about Road to UFC Season 2
The Road to UFC tournament presents a “win and advance” opportunity for the top 32 Asian fighters who are split between four weight-classes (flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight and lightweight) with eight competitors in each frame. The winner in each weight class is set to earn a UFC contract.
The first-round fights are scheduled for May 27 and 28 and the winners will proceed to the semifinals and finals thereafter later this year.
India’s flyweight fighter Sumit Kumar will feature on the opening day in Episode 2 where he faces South Korea’s Seung Gok Choi. Sumit’s compatriot Rana Rudra Pratap Singh will compete in Episode 4 on Sunday, taking on South Korean Chang Ho Lee in a bantamweight bout.
Full fight cards with weigh-ins - Episode 1 - June 9
Road to UFC Season 2 Opening round schedule with weigh-in results
Road to UFC [weigh-ins in pounds announced for Episode 1 and 2]
LIVE STREAMING INFO
ROAD TO UFC
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29