Raider Siddarth Desai was re-signed by Telugu Titans for Rs 20 lakh on day one of the Pro Kabaddi League Season 9 auction in Mumbai on Friday, his lowest price ever.
Desai made his PKL debut in Season 6 after U Mumba picked him for Rs 36.4 lakh. The ‘Bahubali’ scored 218 raid points in 21 matches.
|Season||Franchise||Matches played||Raid points|
Impressed by his performance, Telugu Titans went all out for the raider at Season 7’s auction and roped him in for Rs 1.45 crore, making him the most expensive player in the tournament’s history at that time. In his first stint with the Titans, he amassed 217 raid points in 22 matches. However, Titans released him ahead of the 2021 auction.
In the Season 8 auction, UP Yoddhas bid Rs 1.30 crore for Desai but Titans, the Hyderabad-based franchise, used its Final Bid Match card to re-sign the 6’2” raider.
Unfortunately, Desai’s 2021 season was cut short due to a wrist injury after just three appearances
- Indian sports news wrap, September 16
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?