The Sports Authority of India's Mission Olympic Cell has included six para athletes to the core team of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), besides approving Paralympic gold medallist Devendra Jhajharia's proposal to train in Finland.
The six para athletes who were included in the core list are Dharambir (Men's Club Throw - F51), Someswara Rao (Men's Long Jump - T64), Manasi Joshi (Badminton - SL3), Nithya Sre (Badminton - SH6), Mandeep Kaur (Badminton - SL3) and Manisha Ramdass (Badminton - SU5).
During its 74th meeting held recently, the MOC also approved 38 days training camp for para javelin thrower Jhajharia and his strength and conditioning coach Lakshay Batra. Jhajharia will train in Kuortane Olympic Training Centre, which has one of the best training facilities in Europe, particularly for javelin throwers.
According to a SAI statement, the international training camp will cost the government approximately Rs 11.5 lakh.
- Ben Stokes undergoes knee surgery ahead of India tour
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 picked as preferred winter Olympics bids by IOC
- VIDEO: Tushar Shelke wins National Archery men’s title, hopes for Olympic glory
- ISL 2023-24 Stats: Diamantakos storms into Golden Boot race, Luna tops assists’ list
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 1st T20: Kashvee, Shreyanka prove their mettle as India pips England by three runs