The Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel has stated that the government was probing the possibilities of setting up a mechanism to test food supplements, to help the athletes.
Emphasising the need for a scientific approach to diet and nutrition for athletes, the sports minister, in a release issued here on Wednesday, has asked all the stake holders to adopt a “zero tolerance” policy towards doping.
The Minister has asked the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) to organise a seminar to form a strategy to deal with the problem in an efficient way and also see whether doping could be treated as a criminal offence.
He has sought the education of the young athletes in schools and colleges to the ill-effects of doping through regular seminars and information campaign
- Indian boxers renew quest for Paris Olympic quotas in Italy
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Shardul removes Vijay to leave Tamil Nadu seven down
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win
- Indian trio draws on a dull day in Prague Masters Chess tournament
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2024: Preview, starting grid, live streaming info