Joachim Löw, coach of world champion Germany, and team manager Oliver Bierhoff, will be among the guests at the 2016 Laureus World Sports Awards Ceremony in Berlin on April 18.
They are among an illustrious team of football stars, past and present, who will be present including Cafu, Luis Figo, Alessandro Del Piero, Marcel Desailly, Jens Lehmann, Carles Puyol, Raul, Jamie Redknapp, and legendary women’s player Nia Künzer.
Stars from a wide variety of sports will be in Berlin for the annual awards. Among those on the guest list include paralympic stars Marie Bochet, Martin Braxenthaler, former Olympic cyclists Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton, rugby’s Brian O’Driscoll and Sean Fitzpatrick, golfer Martin Kaymer and pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva.
The Laureus Academy Members attending include Olympians Nadia Comaneci, Cathy Freeman, Kip Keino, Edwin Moses, along with Olympic skiers Franz Klammer and Alberto Tomba and skating queen Katarina Witt.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: India targets early wickets at Oval; Australia leads by 296
- East Bengal signs India international Nandhakumar Sekar on a three-year deal
- French Open women’s singles final: Swiatek vs Muchova - Battle of the opposites
- WTC Final: What is the highest Test score successfully chased and highest fourth-innings total at the Oval?
- Chennaiyin FC part ways with head coach Thomas Brdaric