Tamil Thalaivas has extended the contract of its coach Ashan Kumar, who will be at the helm until 2025.
Ashan joined Thalaivas in October 2022 and guided the team to its maiden playoffs qualification in the history of the Pro Kabaddi League.
The former India international’s calm approach when dealing with tricky situations worked wonders with his wards. He felt that by easing their nerves and showing them respect, he could bring the best out of them.
The 61-year-old from Haryana’s Bhiwani district is an well experienced coach and had successful stints with Iran and South Korea - the finalists of the 2018 Asian Games.
- Deodhar Trophy LIVE Score, Round 1: Central 6/0 (2.4) v East Zone; North East eyes solid start vs West; streaming updates
- Ashes 2023, 4th Test: Australia retains urn after final day washed out
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters