Known as “The Kung Fu Kid” by fans, Song Yadong of China is an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter in the bantamweight division.
Song, raised by a single mother, was sent to a Sanda martial arts school when he was nine years old. He began training in Mixed Martial Arts at 13 and made his professional debut before his sixteenth birthday in 2012.
Read other UFC stories/results - HERE
The Kung Fu Kid’s UFC debut though, came much later in 2017 when he fought Indian fighter Bharat Khandare, which he won comprehensively in the first round via submission. Song presently holds seven first-round finishes.
The 25-year-old has 19 wins, seven losses and a draw against his name. Song suffered a humbling loss against Cory Sandhagen of the United States when a Technical Knockout (stoppage) was inflicted when Song endured a horrific cut above his left eye. Song has won three of his last five fights.
Song’s latest win was against American Ricky Simon by TKO in the fifth round to earn a main-event victory at UFC Fight Night in Las Vegas.
|W||Ricky Simon||30.04.2023||UFC Fight Night: Song vs Simon||Knockout/Technical Knockout|
|L||Cory Sandhagen||18.09.2022||UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs Song||Knockout - stoppage|
|W||Marlon Moraes||13.03.2022||UFC Fight Night: Santos vs Ankaae||Knockout/Technical Knockout|
|W||Julio Arce||13.11.2021||UFC Fight Night Halloway vs Rodriguez||Knockout/Technical Knockout|
|W||Casey Kenney||08.08.2021||UFC 265: Lewis vs Gane||Split decision|
*As on April 30, 2023
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan vs New Zealand warm-up match to be played behind closed doors
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan beats Odisha FC 4-0, begins campaign in style
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan SG AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS: OFC 0-4 MBSG, Dimitri scores brace as Mariners demolish Juggernauts
- Why was Ravichandran Ashwin picked in ODI team despite not playing the format since Jan 2022
- Asian Games 2023, September 20: Indians in Action, schedule, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST