Jaipur Pink Panthers put on a calm and collective performance to defeat Gujarat Giants 25-18 for their third successive victory in the ongoing season. Raiders Rahul Chaudhari and Arjun Deshwal picked up 9 points between them, while they were backed spectacularly by their defence.
In a low-scoring match, Jaipur was composed in both raiding and defence, prevailing over an inconsistent Gujarat side with some smart tactical play in the final few minutes.
Dabang Delhi K.C. put on a five-star performance to beat Telugu Titans 46-26. Delhi rode on the raiding of Naveen Kumar (12 points), Manjeet (9 points) and a superb defensive performance by Ravi Kumar and Ashu Malik to inflict a crushing defeat on the Titans and stay unbeaten this season.
Despite being packed with stellar defenders, Titans were abysmal in that department managing just three tackle points. By the end, it was just a matter of not how or when but by how much the reigning champions would win. The answer was 20 points, the second time they inflicted this margin of victory on an opponent this season.
Bengal Warriors registered a hat-trick of victories after demolishing Patna Pirates 54-26. Maninder Singh led the charge with 12 points for his side.
Sachin, with 12 points to his name as well, fought hard and alone for the Pirates in the second half, but he couldn’t help his team reduce the gap between the two sides. Patna still does not have a win to its name.
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Hyderabad — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Elavenil strikes gold in Rio Shooting World Cup
- Who has won the most Asian Games medals for India?
- North Korea athletes travel to Asian Games: state media
- Indian Football: Pyari Xaxa, the ‘Ferrari’ of the women’s team is ready to shine at Asian Games 2023