Quiz 2006 football World Cup
The 2006 FIFA World Cup was held in Germany from June 9 to July 9. 32 teams took part as Italy won its fourth title. How well do you remember this edition of the World Cup? Take our quiz.
1. The 2006 World Cup is till date the only one to not feature a single...?
2. Which of these teams represented the Oceania Football Confederation at the 2006 World Cup?
3. What did English referee Graham Poll (hilariously) do during the drawn Group F game between Croatia and Australia at the 2006 World Cup?
4. Who scored the latest goal from kickoff with no goals scored in between (119th minute) in a World Cup match when Italy faced Germany in the semifinals in 2006?
5. In the 2006 quarterfinal between Argentina and Germany, who became the only player at a World Cup to be shown a red card after the penalty shootout that followed extra time?
6. How many Italian players scored during the 2006 World Cup – tying France’s record from 1982 for the most goalscorers from a single team?
7. Only two players scored more than one goal at the 2006 World Cup for eventual champion Italy: Marco Materazzi and ...
8. When Zinedine Zidane scored for France in the 2006 World Cup final, which of these players did he most closely emulate?