Sukhwinder’s two tries helped Army Reds beat local favourite Jungle Crows 24-12 in the semifinals and book a berth in the summit clash of the 83rd All India and South Asia rugby championship at the Calcutta Cricket and Football Club (CC&FC) ground here on Thursday.
Army Reds, the defending champion, will meet Delhi Hurricanes, which went past Bombay Gymkhana 10-3, in the final.
Results (semifinals): Army Reds 24 (Sukhwinder 2 tries, Parvinder, Shamser 1 try each, Sujai Lama 2 conversions) bt Jungle Crows 12 (Ron 2 tries, Akash Balmiki 1 conversion); Delhi Hurricanes 10 (Bharat, Sourabh 1 try each) bt Bombay Gymkhana 3 (Jordan 1 try).
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m