Anjum Moudgil collected a fourth gold medal on Wednesday to finish her fruitful, unbeaten campaign in the 62nd National shooting championships at the Vattiyoorkavu National Games ranges here. In the women’s 50m rifle prone category, she finished top.
The 24-year-old from Punjab was consistent again as she went through her detail this morning. She finished with a total of 619.1 points, with scores of 103.4, 104.7, 103.0, 103.3, 102.8 and 101.9 through the six rounds of competition which had as many as 173 shooters in the fray.
Chahar Deep Kaur takes silver
Team-mate Chahat Deep Kaur made it 1-2 for Punjab as she collared the silver with a total of 617.6 points ahead of seasoned Tejaswini R. Sawant (Maharashtra), who finished with 617.1. Punjab also the took the team gold with a tally of 1846.2 points, leaving Railway (1841.0) and Haryana (1837.9) in its wake.
Shirin Godara (Haryana) finished outside the medal bracket in the senior section, but that did not stop her from dominating the juniors category which she eventually won with a total of 616.7 points. Mounika Saddi (Telengana) took silver with 610.5 and Kinoor Konar (Bengal) the bronze with 610.2.
Haryana also won the team gold with a winning total of 1834.7, ahead of Tamil Nadu (1818.0) and Punjab (1813.2).
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: Mumbai loses five wickets in 200 chase vs Odisha; Karnataka, TN win
- KIIT University bags Best Sports Facility award in CII Sports Business Awards 2023
- Warner angst adds spice to Australia’s sleepy home summer
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Himachal’s Arpit Guleria records eight wickets against Gujarat, third Indian to feat in List A
- Ethiopian Yehualaw, Kenya’s Ebenyo to make debuts at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 17