Prithviraj Tondaiman sustained his good work and stayed in the lead with 99 out of 100 after four rounds of men’s trap in the 62nd National shotgun championship held at the JDA range on Wednesday.
Prithviraj, who dropped one bird in the third round, was followed by Zoravar Singh Sandhu and the Asian Games silver medallist Lakshay Sheoran on 96. Manavjit Singh Sandhu, the former world champion, Anirudh Singh, the former national champion and Ronald Kamlunlal Tungdim, tallied 95, one point ahead of Olympian Kynan Chenai, Saif Sheikh and Nagesh Anand.
Read: Anjum Moudgil finishes with four gold medals
One more round will be shot on Thursday, to decide the top-six from among 169 shooters for the final.
Lakshay Sheoran leads
In the junior event, Lakshay Sheoran led with 96, following four identical rounds of 24, one point ahead of Ronald Kamlunlal Tungdim. Bohowneesh Mendiratta and Aman Ali Elahi were on 92. They were followed by Manavaditya Singh Rathore (91), Ahvar Rizvi, Aakash Kushwaha and Vrishankaditya Parmar (90).
Shardul Vihan, the Asian Games silver medallist in double trap, was on 88, one point behind Vivaan Kapoor.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 2: Australia 410/7 (107 overs) - India eyes wickets before Lunch after Starc falls
- Button ready to rumble with NASCAR at Le Mans
- Global Chess League: Nepomniachtchi spearheads Balan Alaskan Knights squad
- French Open 2023: Improved Muchova looks to upset Sabalenka
- Liverpool signs midfielder Mac Allister from Brighton