National champions Angad Vir Singh Bajwa and Maheshwari Chauhan had a tough time coping with the conditions on the opening day of the skeet competition in the Qatar Open shotgun championship in Doha on Friday.
After two good rounds of 24 each, Angad slipped to a round of 17 in the men’s section. He was on 65 out of 75, languishing in the 33rd spot, with two leading on 73, and three on 72 and many just behind them.
In the women’s event, Maheshwari recovered to shoot a perfect round of 25 after the first of 20, but slipped to a round of 16 in the third. Her total of 62 put her in the 15th spot in a field of 24 shooters.
Two more rounds will be shot on Saturday, and the top six will compete in the final.
The Indian shooters had opted to give themselves the much needed international exposure before the World Cups that offer Olympic berths.
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh attacks Bumrah early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth