Olympian Mairaj Ahmad Khan shot 48 with two rounds of 24 to be in the ninth place in skeet at the Shotgun World Cup in Cairo on Wednesday.
Asian champion Angad Vir Singh Bajwa was in the 17th place after rounds of 25 and 22, while Gurjoat Khangura with a 21 and 25 was placed 19th.
Vladimir Cherkasov of Russia and Jakub Werys of Poland led after perfect rounds of 50 in a field of 41 shooters.
In the women’s event, Karttiki Shaktawat (64), Parinaaz Dhaliwal (62) and Ganemat Sekhon (62) were in the 27th to 29th place in that order, at the completion of three rounds in a field of 34 shooters.
After five rounds in the qualification stage, the finals of the men’s and women’s events will be held on Thursday, featuring the top six shooters.
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event
- UEFA Champions League: Newcastle marks return to UCL with 0-0 draw at dominant Milan
- Ancelotti hails Bellingham’s quality - and luck
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023: Full schedule, India squad for Hangzhou 2022
- Kerala State Senior Athletics: Saliha shocks record-holder Angel, Anand breaks 5000m meet record