India’s Saurav Ghosal and Joshna Chinappa bowed out of the China Open, a PSA World Tour event, in the first round on Thursday. The two had booked their spot in the main draw of the event via a qualifying round.
Joshna was defeated by World No. 1 Nour El Sherbini of Egypt 12-14, 11-2, 11-0, 11-8. Ghosal lost to fourth seed Fares Dessouky 11-8, 14-16, 11-7, 11-8.
Latest on Sportstar
- ISL 2023-24: Mourtada Fall completes move to Odisha FC
- FA Cup final recap - When Man City won as predicted, but United resisted more than expected
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Detained midfielder Son included in South Korea squad for International friendlies
- IBA says has met reform criteria for Olympics, accuses IOC of intransigence