South Africa squash junior men's coach cum manager Graham Prior died of a heart attack outside the Indian Squash Academy here on Sunday.
The 67-year-old was on his way to board the bus to the team hotel after South Africa's playoff match against Singapore at the ISA, when he collapsed on the road.
Help came immediately as the ambulance outside the ISA rushed him to the hospital, but he was pronounced dead on arrival by the hospital.
The South African contingent was scheduled to leave on Monday. Prior was a coach at the Wanderers Squash Club in Johannesburg since 2003.
Growing up in Rhodesia, he played two World Cups for Zimbabwe in 1981 and 1983. Before coming to Johannesburg, he also performed coaching duties at the Salisbury sports club in Zimbabwe.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr secures knockout stage berth with draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second