Sunayna Kuruvilla, Tanvi Khanna, Urwashi Joshi and Aishwarya Khubchandani will be the top four seeds in the women's event in the HCL PSA Challenger squash tournament to be played at the Shiv Nadar University from Saturday.
The eight seeds get a bye in the first round, and need to negotiate three rounds in a draw of 24 for the title in the $12,000 event. The unseeded players will have four rounds to play if they aspire to win the title.
The men’s field has Abhishek Agarwal, Aadit Zaveri, Velavan Senthilkumar and Abhishek Pradhan as the four seeds and has a prize purse of $6,000.
It is a similar draw with the eight seeds getting a bye in the first round in a field of 24 players.
Chennai had hosted the last tournament of the India Tour and the titles were bagged by Tanvi Khanna and Velavan Senthilkumar.
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians