BTS stars Jin and Suga caught everyone’s attention in the world of sports on Thursday after popular K-Pop band members made appearances at the Korea Open and a Golden State Warriors practice session, respectively.
Kim Seok-jin, fondly known as ‘Jin’, was present at the Seoul Olympic Park tennis center during a second-round contest between Norwegian World No. 2 Casper Ruud and Chilean Nicolas Jarry.
Ruud, making his Seoul debut, won the match 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 during which people identified Jin amongst the spectators despite him wearing a mask.
The ATP Tour has returned to the South Korean capital for the first time since 1996 after the city was awarded a single-year licence to stage a 28-draw outdoor hard court tournament at the same venue.
South Korean rapper Min Yoon-gi, professionally known as ‘Suga’, attended a Golden State Warriors practice session in Tokyo and met a few players of the current NBA champion side.
Not only that, Suga also got a customised No. 3 Dubs jersey of which he tweeted a picture and received a reaction from Warriors’ point guard Steph Curry, a two-time NBA MVP, who wrote “Love the jersey SUGA!! See you soon”. The tweet has more than a million likes.
The Warriors are set to play two pre-season matches against Washington Wizards in Japan’s Saitama Super Arena this weekend.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid, to play last match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday
- Jakarta International ePrix: Maserati’s Gunther wins race from Pole
- Jakarta International ePrix: Wehrlein secures third win of Formula E season
- Jakarta International ePrix: Maserati’s Gunther grabs maiden pole
- Antima Pal wins bronze in 5,000m event at Asian U20 Athletics Championship