Bettering his 50m backstroke senior national record for the third time in two days, Srihari Nataraj finished sixth in the final at the FINA World junior swimming championships in Budapest, Hungary, on Friday.
The 18-year-old from Bengaluru clocked 25.50s in the final. Srihari, who came to Budapest with a personal best of 25.83s, clocked 25.63 in the heats and 25.52 in the semifinal on Thursday.
Czech Republic’s Jan Cejka won the gold with 25.08s.
- WPL 2024: Bengaluru welcomes new Women’s Premier League season with restrained eagerness
- India vs England HIGHLIGHTS, 4th Test Day 1: Root century takes England to 302/7
- IND vs ENG: Centurion Root digs England out of a hole on day 1
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal Day 1: Sai Kishore fifer restricts SAU to 183; Musheer, Taide score hundreds
- Lewandowski’s return helps Barcelona cling on in title race