India were assured of a silver and bronze medals in the mixed doubles event of the 20th Avadh Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships here today. Of the three Singapore and Indian pairs, the latter had a better percentage, winning three quarter-finals, even though Singapore’s top-seeded duo of Lin Hu and Zhou Yihan managed to beat India’s Anthony Amalraj and K Shamini 11-3, 11-3, 11-9.
Among the other Indian combinations, Soumyajit Ghosh and Mouma Das downed Singapore’s second-seeded Chen Feng and Yee Herng Hwe 13-11, 11-1, 11-6 and earned a semi-final meeting with the top Singaporean pair.
G. Sathiyan and Ankita Das defeated third seeds David McBeath and Karina Le Fevre 11-4, 9-11, 11-2, 11-5 for the second semi-final showdown against Sanil Shetty and Manika Batra, who blanked out Singapore Chew Zhe Yu Clarence and Lin Ye.
Latest on Sportstar
- Thailand Open: George, Lakshya reach quarterfinals; Satwik-Chirag, Saina knocked out
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals?
- Premier Handball League: Rajasthan Patriots to lock horns against Maharashtra Ironmen in opening match
- Man United great Neville in fear of Man City ahead of FA Cup final
- Prannoy is a workaholic, and has a never-say-die attitude towards his game, says coach Guru Sai Dutt