India were assured of a silver and bronze medals in the mixed doubles event of the 20th Avadh Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships here today. Of the three Singapore and Indian pairs, the latter had a better percentage, winning three quarter-finals, even though Singapore’s top-seeded duo of Lin Hu and Zhou Yihan managed to beat India’s Anthony Amalraj and K Shamini 11-3, 11-3, 11-9.
Among the other Indian combinations, Soumyajit Ghosh and Mouma Das downed Singapore’s second-seeded Chen Feng and Yee Herng Hwe 13-11, 11-1, 11-6 and earned a semi-final meeting with the top Singaporean pair.
G. Sathiyan and Ankita Das defeated third seeds David McBeath and Karina Le Fevre 11-4, 9-11, 11-2, 11-5 for the second semi-final showdown against Sanil Shetty and Manika Batra, who blanked out Singapore Chew Zhe Yu Clarence and Lin Ye.
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview