New Delhi will host the Executive Committee meeting of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) on Friday and Saturday.
This will be second time India will be hosting such a meeting. The previous EC meeting of the ITTF was held in New Delhi in 1987, when Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) played host to the World Championships here.
The EC meeting, to be chaired by ITTF president Thomas Weikert, will discuss the development of table tennis in India, among other issues, a TTFI release said.
TTFI has evinced interest in hosting the 2024 World Championships (team events), besides seeking to organise a Platinum Championships in 2021. The bid for hosting the Worlds is yet to open.
The Executive Committee of the ITTF comprises, besides Weikert, deputy president Khalil Al-Mohannad, Secretary General Raul Calin, seven executive vice-presidents and CEO Steve Dainton.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Punjab FC LIVE, ISL 2023-24: Kick-off time changed to 8:35 PM IST; Lineups out; MBSG vs PFC updates
- ISL 2023-24: Why is Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Punjab FC kick-off delayed?
- IND vs AUS 2nd ODI: India eyes series win, Australia looks to snap losing streak in potential run-fest
- MotoGP Indian Grand Prix: Martin wins Sprint Race after pole-sitter Bezzecchi collides with teammate
- Took up squash because of sister, says 15-year-old Anahat Singh ahead of Asian Games debut