Odisha government Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with state’s table tennis body and TTFI to host the 21st Commonwealth Championship in Cuttack from July 17-22.
Speaking on the occasion, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said, “Today’s MoU signing is an important step for us in promoting sports and especially table tennis in the state.
“I congratulate Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) and the Odisha State TT Association for partnering with our government in hosting this prestigious event,” he concluded.
The previous two Commonwealth Championships, 2013 and 2015, have also been held in India.
Latest on Sportstar
- Benzema admits Madrid departure ‘hurts’ ahead of Saudi switch
- Singapore Open 2023: Sindhu, Prannoy, Nehwal exit in first round; Srikanth, Arjun-Dhruv duo enter second round
- Sunil Kumar wins decathlon gold at Asian U20 Athletics Championship
- Attacking hockey doesn’t help if you can’t defend: India coach Fulton
- French league files lawsuit after Ajaccio fans attack boy with cancer