Kapil Dev showed preference for sliced returns during an exhibition table tennis game against Kamlesh Mehta as a build-up to day two of Ultimate Table Tennis Mumbai leg at the NSCI indoor stadium. The cricket icon spoke about the need for youngsters to enjoy sport before setting personal goals.
“Learn to enjoy playing your sport, whether table tennis or any other, before thinking of targets like representing the nation. If you enjoy playing, have the talent, results will have naturally,” Kapil said.
The cricketer was known for natural ability to play different sports and being a fitness fanatic, from his youth days. Football was a passion, the easy swing of shoulders and power in his wrist was evident from the way he returned the ball looping across the net. “Kamlesh allowed me to beat him, there is no way I can match him,” said the former India captain.
Umpiring the exhibition tie between two Indian sporting legends was Niraj Bajaj, a table tennis icon in his own right. The latter is co-founder of Ultimate Table Tennis. Old-timers can recollect Bajaj’s knack at table tennis, asserting himself quietly the way he is doing in the corporate world.
- ISL 2023-24: East Bengal looking to start ISL campaign on a positive note against Jamshedpur FC
- IND vs AUS Live Score 2nd ODI: Jadeja strikes twice as Australia loses eight wickets
- Premier League 2023-24: Aston Villa beats Chelsea, Watkins shines in 1-0 win
- Asian Games and Olympics problems can be solved through negotiations, says AFC secretary general Windsor John
- LIV vs WHU: Darwin delights as Liverpool defeats West Ham 3-1 in the Premier League