Spanish teenager Carlos Alcaraz moved to the brink of the ATP top 10 on Monday after winning the biggest title of his career so far at the Miami Open.
The 18-year-old gained five places in the latest rankings to climb to 11th spot, just behind Britain's Cameron Norrie.
Alcaraz beat Casper Ruud in the Miami final on Sunday.
Novak Djokovic retained the top ranking despite being unable to play in the United States last week.
The Serbian star only holds a slender advantage over Daniil Medvedev, although the Russian is now set for one to two months out of action due to a hernia.
Latest on Sportstar
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita clinches women’s 1500m gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 16/1 (6 overs); Warner, Labuschagne rebuild after Siraj gets Khawaja
- Three times the cheer: How Gokulam Kerala made Indian Women’s League its own
- Di Maria quits Juventus after one season
- WTC Final 2023: Why is India wearing black armbands?