Ankita Raina and Prarthana Thombare have received direct entry into the $251,750 WTA 250 Chennai Open, starting on September 12.
Ankita and her partner Rosalie Van Der Hoek of the Netherlands will head into the tournament as the seventh seed, while Prarthana will pair up with Jessy Rompies of Indonesia. They are the 11th seed.
Japanese Miyu Kato and Asia Muhammad of the US are the top seed.
Ankita, the Indian number one, has also been awarded wildcards in women's singles alongside Eugenie Bouchard.
The hardcourt tournament will mark the return of a WTA tournament in India for the first time since 2008.
- IND vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: India wins Toss to bat vs Sri Lanka; Axar in Playing XI; where to watch match
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: India opts to bat first after winning toss; No rain at the moment
- Elevating NBA fan experience through the power of technology
- Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan’s loss against India a ‘timely reminder’ ahead of World Cup
- FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023 draw to happen on Sep 15 in Zurich