Welcome to Sportstar's live blog of the Australian Open 2019. Follow the updates and results of day eight's action.
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic coasts to a 6-4, 6-7, 6-2, 6-3 win over Daniil Medvedev to set up a quarterfinal clash with marathon-man Kei Nishikori.
And he has got some cheeky stuff to say to Nishikori who played his third five-setter of the tournament on Monday:
- Nishikori completes a remarkable comeback with an ace! The Japanese enters the last eight by beating Pablo Carreno Busta 6-7(8-10), 4-6, 7-6(7-4), 6-4, 7-6(10-8).
- It has been close to three-and-half hours now since the clash between Carreno Busta and Kei Nishikori. Down two sets and a break down in the third, he recovers to take the set via tiebreaker and survive in the match. Carreno Busta currently leads (2-1) 7-6, 6-4, 6-7.
- Serena Williams gets the better of World No. 1 Simona Halep to book her place in the quarterfinals. Serena Williams prevailed 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 in an hour and 47 minutes. It will be her 50th Grand Slam quarterfinal appearance!! 50th!
- Lucas Pouille downs the 11th seed Borna Coric 7-6 (4), 6-4, 7-5, 7-6 (2) in a tightly fought match and is into the quarters where he will face Milos Raonic.
- Simona Halep comes back strong to take the second set 6-4. We go into the decider.
- Pouille wins the third set 7-5.
- Serena takes the first set 6-1.
- Serena Williams breaks Simona Halep in the first set to take a 3-1 lead.
- Borna Coric won the first set 7-6 (4) and Lucas Pouille pulled back to level with a 6-4 win in the second. The score stands at 2-2 in the third set.
- Seventh seed Karolina Pliskova powers into the quarters with a straight set (6-3, 6-1) win against Garbine Muguruza.
- And that's it! Milos Raonic has defeated third seed Alexander Zverev in straight sets 6-1, 6-1, 7-6 (5) and is through to the quarters.
- Zverev fights back. He save two match points and levels the third set 5-5. This could be the turning point.
- Not much has changed in the second set either. A frustrated Zverev loses this one 6-1 too.
- Nothing seems to be going Zverev's way as Milos Raonic takes the first set 6-1. Will Zverev's Grand Slam jinx continue?
- It's going to be a battle of big servers as Alexander Zverev takes on Milos Raonic.
- Naomi Osaka beats Anastasija Sevastova 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 to progress to her first Australian Open quarterfinal.
The ever-humble Osaka
- Sixth seed Elina Svitolina is into her second straight Australian Open quarterfinal after defeating Madison Keys 6-2, 1-6, 6-1.
Day 8 Schedule
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal win
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament