All but three Australian Open participants clear quarantine

The Australian Open quarantine facilities are still holding three people – one player and two others who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in their lockdown.

The government-mandated quarantine ahead of the Feb. 8-21 Australian Open had a controversial start. (Representative Image)   -  Getty Images

All but three of the Australian Open cohort of more than 1,000 players, coaches and officials have been cleared from quarantine in Melbourne ahead of the Grand Slam, health officials said on Monday.

COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria said 12 people linked to the tournament exited isolation on Sunday, leaving three active cases still to be cleared.

I would quarantine again for Tokyo Olympics, says Osaka  

The vast majority of the players and their entourages undergoing 14 days of isolation in Melbourne and Adelaide were released by midnight on Saturday and have started preparing for the Feb. 8-21 Grand Slam.

Did not miss tennis or most players, Kyrgios says ahead of return  

Spain's Paula Badosa was the only player to have confirmed that she tested positive for COVID-19, restarting the clock on her mandatory period of isolation.

Victoria state, of which Melbourne is the capital, recorded its 26th successive day of zero community transmissions on Monday.