Former world number one Rafael Nadal equalled Stefan Edberg's record for the fourth-most wins by a man at the Australian Open.
Nadal celebrated his 56th Australian Open victory by beating local wildcard James Duckworth in straight sets in Melbourne on Monday.
The 17-time grand slam champion impressed in his first appearance since the US Open, winning 6-4 6-3 7-5.
Spanish second seed Nadal is within striking distance of Jack Crawford (58) and six-time Australian Open winner Novak Djokovic (61) on the all-time list, while two-time reigning champion Roger Federer (94) holds the record.
- Pakistan captain Shan Masood hits century in Australia warm-up
- Former champion Wozniacki handed Australian Open wildcard
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand