Azarenka to return to court after year-long break

The two-time Australian Open champion is planning to play in the grass court events next month before the Wimbledon.

Azarenka is eyeing a return to the Wimbledon championship this year.   -  Getty

Former World No. 1 Victoria Azarenka is all set to return to the grass court this season! On Monday, the Belarusian tennis ace took to social media to announce her comeback to the Wimbledon, after a year-long break due to pregnancy.

“Hi everyone! I have some good news. My training has been progressing well and I feel ready to start competing..,” the 2011 Wimbledon semifinalist tweeted.

In December last year, Azarenka was blessed with a baby boy—Leo—and she missed out on the tourneys for that. However, she is looking forward to making it count on her return. “Leo kinda said that he wants to see London and Wimbledon,” she tweeted, suggesting that she is excited to bring her new-born son to the All England Club.

The 27-year-old is looking forward to play in one of the grass court events before the Wimbledon starts in July. “I will be finalising my schedule in the coming days – I plan to play one of the grass court events prior to Wimbledon,” she tweeted.

The two-time Australian Open champion also thanked her fans for their support. “I will keep you updated. Thank you for all your support and see you sooner,” she said.

For more updates, follow Sportstar on :