Barbora Krejcikova denied top seed Anett Kontaveit a home win at the Tallinn Open on Sunday with the Czech claiming her first title of the season in straight sets.
Seventh seed Krejcikova won through 6-2, 6-3 against world number four Kontaveit, sealing victory in 1hr 22min with just three points conceded in the last three games.
The result also snapped Kontaveit’s 24-match winning streak on indoor hard court.
The Estonian also lost to Krejcikova in the Sydney semi-final this year after throwing away seven match points.
It was the fourth career title for Krejcikova who claimed her first three in a three-week spell last year, including a maiden Grand Slam at the 2021 French Open.
But after winning on home soil in Prague last July, Krejcikova, 26, had only made one singles final since, losing to Paula Badosa at Sydney in January.
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships