Croatia's Borna Coric has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a shoulder injury, tournament organisers said on Saturday.
The 25-year-old, who was drawn to play 12th seed Diego Schwartzman in the first round, will be replaced by a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.
Coric, who reached 12th in the world in 2018, underwent right shoulder surgery in March 2021 and was out for a year.
Madison Keys also out of Wimbledon
Madison Keys, the 2017 US Open runner-up withdrew from Wimbledon on Saturday because of a hurt abdominal muscle.
She was replaced in the field by Coco Vandeweghe, twice a quarterfinalist at Wimbledon and twice a semifinalist at other Grand Slam tournaments, who lost in qualifying this week. Vandeweghe's first-round opponent will be No. 17 seed Elena Rybakina.
(with inputs from AP)
- ITF Kalaburagi Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan to face Pichler in final
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold