World No. 1 and defending champion Daniil Medvedev eased into the third round of the US Open with a 6-2, 7-5, 6-3 win over Arthur Rinderknech of France.
ALSO READ - Serena Williams into US Open third round
Medvedev goes on to face Wu Yibing who created a piece of tennis history earlier on Wednesday after becoming the first man from China to reach the third round in New York. “He seems to play great. I am expecting a tough match,” said Medvedev of Wu who is ranked 174 in the world and came through qualifying.
More to follow...
Latest on Sportstar
- IND vs AUS LIVE Score, WTC Final 2023: Will Rohit feature in 50th Test for India vs Australia today? Toss, Playing XI, Dream11 prediction
- WTC final 2023: Kishan or Bharat as India wicketkeeper? Farokh Engineer weighs in
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats
- India vs Australia head-to-head in Tests: All the stats and records you need to know ahead of WTC Final 2023
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia match?