Valencia, Bologna and a yet-to-be-decided Croatian city will join Manchester as host venues for the group stage of the 2023 Davis Cup Finals, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) said on Wednesday.
The Lawn Tennis Association on Tuesday announced that Manchester would be one of the hosts for September’s group stage.
The Finals will have 16 nations competing in four groups from September 12 to 17 across the four cities - with each staging one group of four teams .
The top eight teams will then advance to the knockout stage, which will be held between November 21 to 26 in Malaga.
The draw for the group stage was also held on Wednesday. Canada, Italy, Sweden and Chile were drawn together in Group A, which will take place in Bologna.
Last year’s runners-up Australia, Britain, France and Switzerland make up Group B, with matches to be played in Manchester.
Group C’s Spain, Serbia, the Czech Republic and South Korea will meet in Valencia, setting up a potential clash between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, while Group D teams Croatia, the Netherlands, the United States and Finland will play their games in Croatia.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 16
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?