The Delhi Gymkhana will host India’s Davis Cup World Group play-off tie against Denmark on the grass courts on March 4 and 5.
The secretary-general of the All India Tennis Association (AITA), Anil Dhupar confirmed that Gymkhana would be the venue.
Delhi Gymkhana has hosted Davis Cup ties in the past, but not in the last few decades.
With a lot of time left for the tie, the AITA in collaboration with the club would organise the match in the best possible manner.
With the 103rd ranked Holger Rune the best-ranked player of Denmark and Mikael Torpegaard (229) as the second-best, India fancies its chances of staying in World Group-1 by staging the play-off tie on grass.
Latest on Sportstar
- Singapore Open: Priyanshu Rajawat, Arjun-Dhruv make 2nd round exit
- WTC Final: Not picking Ashwin was purely based on conditions, bowling coach Mhambrey defends flop move
- Messi’s move to Inter Miami sends ticket prices soaring 1,034%
- Zverev says injury woes behind him after return to French Open semis
- West Ham condemns fan behaviour after Fiorentina’s Biraghi hit by object